Our super strength Vitamin D3 is a max strength supplement with 120 capsules per bottle and suitable for all ages.
Super Strength Vitamin D3 is known as the sunshine vitamin. There are two types of Vitamin D - Vitamin D2 and Vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 is naturally found in the human body and is synthesised in the skin. Studies have consistently shown that, functionally, vitamin D3 is at least 300% more effective than D2.
Very few foods in nature contain vitamin D. The flesh of fatty fish (such as salmon, tuna, and mackerel) and fish liver oils are among the best sources.
When ultraviolet rays from the Sun hits the skin, the active form of Vitamin D is formed. Your body’s ability to create vitamin D drops gradually as you age, however the vitamin D synthesis is inhibited by lack of sunshine or covering up with clothing.
You may have read about the fantastic health benefits of Vitamin D, as new research shows that most people should be taking a higher level of Vitamin D than previously suggested. With today's modern lifestyles, our day to day life may restrict our usual form of absorbing Vitamin D - the sun.
Vitamin D Health Benefits
- Vitamin D can help maintain normal blood calcium levels and contribute to the maintenance of normal bones & teeth
- Vitamin D also contributes to normal muscle & immune system function
How much Vitamin D should I take?
The Department of Health recommends that:
- Breastfed babies from birth to one year of age should be given a daily supplement containing 8.5 to 10mcg of vitamin D, to make sure they get enough.
- Babies fed infant formula should not be given a vitamin D supplement until they are receiving less than 500ml (about a pint) of infant formula a day, because infant formula is fortified with vitamin D
- Children aged 1 to 4 years old should be given a daily supplement containing 10mcg of vitamin D
- Adults should take no more than 100mcg per day, which is 4 of our capsules
(Source: The Department of Health)